Thursday, April 21, 2011

Back out there

Wonderful autumn days of sun have come and gone and it's been so painful to sit at home and waste them. After commiting all my spare time to academic work these last few weeks, today I went riding again. 

It's two years since I started wandering these wonderful places above Yea, on cold winter days on empty roads. In the first days here I rode the beloved GR650. Then for a while I only had the Hornet, a sports bike. It's so good to be in this place on another great motorcycle - the SR - which like the GR feels fantastic at just 60-70kph, as I meander gently through the bends. At such a slow speed nothing feels challenging or dangerous, everything is relaxation and pleasure. 







Later the sun came out.



I read on one of the blogs who's owner has subscribed here, of an invitation to bloggers to take a photo of their self and showing the centre line of a road, to be shared on a site somewhere. It came to mind when I stopped to take the above photo, and although today is not the day that people are invited to take the photo, I took one with the certainty that I'd forget on the appropriate day even if I am out riding.



And so I rolled into the mountains as the day rolled on with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment