Saturday, June 8, 2024

Honda CB100, CB125, XL100 project

Either I just wasted my money and filled my shed, or got myself a bargain. These CBs currently sell on Marketplace for close for $4000. My hope is that I’ll follow through on this project and by the end of it know how to rebuild every part of a motorcycle. That's the motivation, the reason for spending money that could have bought a whole running bike. Also, I have really wanted to own an early CB100 or 125, and what a pleasure to ride a bike you’ve completely restored yourself. One engine is almost done, with a new top end. The other has a quality aftermarket top end ready to go on. The third engine is in parts. That’s a nicely progressive set of projects. There’s numerous videos detailing the whole process with this engine on YouTube. Parts are surprisingly readily available both from Indonesia new, and from America as old stock, and very cheaply.

No comments:

Post a Comment