Wednesday, March 13, 2013

More photos from my Tasmanian trip

Here are some more photos from the final days of my trip to Tasmania.

The trip was two weeks long.  I spent most of it in the Huonville area, with a short trip to Port Arthur and another to the Gordon Dam, but otherwise I did none of the intense west and east coast rides that I had planned.  The reason for that is because I spent my teen years in Nicholls Rivullet, outside of Cygnet, and while I visit every two or three years this is the first time I have had my own wheels and the opportunity to 'just be' in the place, like a local, exploring all the nooks and crannies of its beauty.

This is an island that I would ride past every few days.  You can see the quality of the water.  It was a fantastic area to meander through.





Here is a view from Cygnet Coast Road.  I loved this road, which curved along with the water's edge, a constant right-left-right on my bike, with my vision repeatedly flooded by the golden light that broke through the overhanging trees or glittered on the water.


These photos are from the day before I left.  This is Bicheno:





   


And here are some photos from the Bicheno Motorcycle Museum.



 




Here is the typical view on the east coast.  While it is the more celebrated area, in my opinion the water in the south is superior.



And here, onboard The Spirit of Tasmania on the way home, dolphins attended us.




No comments:

Post a Comment