Sunday, March 20, 2011

Requiem Ride

I was busy this last three days with travelling to Swan Hill and attending a funeral. I did not take many photos on the way - it was not that sort of ride - but I did stop for breaks - it was a long ride - and photographed the scene.

Boort-Kerang Road, where remnants of the floods remain:




Further on...




In the beauty and mystery of this landscape, I privately dedicated the act of the ride: in Memory of Phillip Brown, 1950-2011. A good man, a man of substance. A life well-lived is better than a life long-lived. But it is sad nonetheless.

It is strange to be standing on the other side of somebody's death, across that line which divides their being here and their being the past.

1 comment:

  1. "A life well-lived is better than a life long-lived. But it's sad nonetheless."
    I agree.

    ReplyDelete